Are you ready to package your story for prime time?
If so, you’re in the right place.
As you know, I’m extremely passionate about attaining media coverage to gain visibility for yourself, your work and your ideas.
But how do you land the media coverage that could truly catapult your brand?
This week on the podcast, my guest is Emmy-Award winning journalist Stacey Samuel. Stacey is currently a producer for CBS where she crafts prime time stories and books guests forCBS This Morning and CBS Evening News. Previously, Stacey worked alongside Wolf Blitzer as a producer for CNN.
A native of New York, Stacey completed her master’s degree in Journalism at Columbia University. She shares her love for reporting and story-telling with her passion for documentary. Her documentary credits include ABC’s 20/20, CNN, Court TV, History Channel, Discovery Health and A&E, WNBC, Lifetime and Nickelodeon.
Stacey has been in the media business for years and has watched the trends change as the internet has transformed mainstream media over the last few years.
Her perspective is particularly valuable for experts seeking to package their stories for today’s competitive news market and 24-hour news cycle.
During our conversation we discussed:
- How Stacey evaluates experts and what she’s looking for in a source
- What to do when you’ve never landed any media – where to start with getting coverage
- The first steps to packaging your story for the media
- How to “campaign” for coveted national news spots
- How to use social media to build your reputation and grow your credibility as an expert
- An exciting new media training Stacey and I are launching later in the year
Follow Stacey on Twitter at @StaceySSamuel
Are you on our email list? Sign up for the email updates so you’re the first to hear about the media programming Stacey and I are producing later this year!