Hadiya Williams, a DC-based artist and maker, answered the call of creativity and entrepreneurship.
The accomplished graphic designer and founder of Black Pepper Paperie was a member of cohort III of my signature personal branding group training program – Package Your Genius Academy.
Hadiya and I caught up to discuss how she’s made art her business – she’s a creative conjurer who makes visually exquisite creations – stationery, invitations, clay work, etc. She designed my AML logo (the one in the top left corner!) among a ton of other amazing things.
She recently turned her focus away from the graphic design work for which she received her BFA and advanced training to focus on clay pottery and hand made stationery.
Hadiya and I discussed her personal branding journey including:
- the importance of building your brand as an artist
- marketing’s role in the creative process
- pivoting away from the career you received your degree in
- responding to family members and what others think you should be doing with your talents
- getting comfortable with self promotion, networking her way into the National Museum of Women in the Arts and more…
Listen to Hadiya’s inspiring personal branding journey or watch my interview with her below
Mentioned during the interview:
- Hadiya’s Shop – Black Pepper Paperie
- Moonshine DC Makers Popup Event
- The National Museum of Women in the Arts | NMWA Shop
- Keepers Vintage + Knit, Soy and Metal in Baltimore
- Follow Hadiya on Instagram – @Hadiya Williams or @BlackPepperPaperie
- Package Your Genius Academy – Group Mastermind
I’m sure her amazing creations will wow you – she is such a force.