write your genius
uncover your thought leadership and share your ideas online
a 6-week online writing intensive
If it's easy for you to do great work and help your clients or perform on your job, but you're not sharing your expertise online, it's time to start writing.
This program will help you uncover your thought leadership, sharpen your writing skills and share your ideas online.
Whether you need to raise your profile in order to land a new role at a different company, raise your profile to land new clients, Write Your Genius is a program to extract your big ideas and get them into the world.
have you ever felt like your big ideas need a bigger audience? Do you long to raise your profile beyond your existing client base or co-workers?
You're doing a great job at work - that's a given.
You're helping your clients, too. Naturally.
But your big breakthroughs and big ideas are happening in the vacuum of 1:1 client conversations, or small group settings at work.
Your wider company, industry and potential audience don't know about you because the aha moments and breakthroughs you're helping those in direct contact with you have aren't making it out into the world.
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
Your clients think you're brilliant and sing your praises when you meet, but no one else hears it but you.
Your boss thinks you have great ideas but the only people who know are the 7 others who witness the kudos in the weekly meeting.
You often get personal notes of praise from people who you've helped through a challenge, and you know their challenge isn't unique. You wish there were a way you could help more people through that same challenge without having to work with them one on one. And you wish there were a way to draw more potential clients to you through the impact you're already making with others.
An easy way to scale your impact is to crystallize your ideas through your writing.
If you already know this, but you're still not writing - join me for Write Your Genius, a group writing intensive to position yourself as a thought leader through your writing.
During this 6 Week Program, we will work together to
- Understand all the different ways you can package your ideas in written form
- Identify the topics you could write and share about TODAY
- Determine what you are uniquely qualified to teach and share
- Stop overthinking your writing and finally start writing and publishing regularly
- Develop 6 months of writing topics
It's time to stop waffling and start writing!
Get the clarity you need to FINALLY raise your profile through your writing.
- All classes will be held online using live video, you will need a web browser to participate (Chrome is preferred).
- Sessions start Thursday, June 1 and will be held weekly on Thursdays at 2pm EST
- Each session will last roughly 50 Minutes and will be recorded
- Students will have a private online forum to communicate between sessions
- You don't need a website to participate
WEEK ONE : What do you have to say?
- Setting writing goals - why are you writing in the first place?
- Nailing down your expertise and your writing style
- Deciding your brand of writing and choosing your focus
- Developing your philosophy and signature message
Week two: Writing Formats
- What to write to connect and align
- What to write to Inform and sell your services
- What to write to show your thought process and personality
- My go-to writing format
- How to sketch and outline your ideas, identify the lead, find and fill in examples
week three: Banish writers block!
- How to find stories from your client experiences and work
- How to use effectively storytelling in your writing
- Coming up with writing ideas and a content calendar
- Developing 6 months of writing ideas (12-24 topics)
week four: writing week - no class
week five: Packaging the story
- How to write solid headlines
- Details - article length, formatting, etc.
- Creating the total package with visuals
- Choosing a publishing platform that reaches your goals
- Publishing your work
week six: Get Eyeballs on Your Work
- SEO Basics and how drive traffic to your work
- Creating a promotion plan for evergreen content
- Using social media, a newsletter, and interviews to promote your work
- Guest publishing on other sites - how to package that pitch
- PR your writing - turn your article into a television or radio interview